Brisbane Marine Pilots Pty Ltd ACN 010 836 496 (BMP) and Queensland Marine Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 010 836 503 (QMH) (we, us or our) endeavour to protect the privacy of all individuals.
2. Collection and disclosure
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- dealing with a request, enquiry or application for employment by you;
- providing services to you or someone else;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- meeting the requirements of the Maritime Safety Security Plan; and
- complying with the Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Act 2003 (Cth) and the AusCheck Act 2007 (Cth).
In conducting these functions, your personal information may be disclosed:
- to employees of our organisations;
- between BMP and QMH;
- to the Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd;
- to Marine Safety Queensland;
- to our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations with so that those organisations may provide you with information about services and various promotions;
- to our professional advisers; and
- to our overseas training providers. These providers are located in the United Kingdom, Europe and the United States of America.
We may also disclose your personal information for the purposes of complying with the Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Act 2003 (Cth) and the AusCheck Act 2007 (Cth).
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a conversation (including a telephone conversation) with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
3. Internet Users
If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address and domain name.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we have collected is not misused or disclosed except as required by law or as consented to by you.
Upon request, we will provide you with access to the information we hold about you. We will try to acknowledge your request within 14 days of its receipt, and to provide you with access to the information you request within 30 days. If your request is made to the incorrect entity (either BMP or QMH) we will pass that query on to the correct entity.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in certain circumstances, including in circumstances prescribed under the Act. If you are refused access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
If you have a complaint regarding a breach of the APP or require further information about this policy, please contact BMP’s Managing Director or Human Resources Coordinator at:
Telephone: (07) 3624 6500
Facsimile: (07) 3862 2240
Stress address: Suite 2 Argyle Place, 14 Argyle Street, Albion, Queensland 4010
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the federal privacy commissioner’s website at www.privacy.com.au.
© Brisbane Marine Pilots